What does the rental price include?
- Unlimited mileage
- Breakdown cover
- Comprehensive UK insurance for 1 driver
- Free parking (1 car)
- Free personalised vehicle familiarisation tour before you depart
- For a comprehensive list of what is included in your motorhome please see section 'What does my motorhome come with'
Can I drive the motorhome?
- We can insure drivers between 25 – 70 years of age who have held a full valid license for more than 3 years
- You can have up to 3 drivers per vehicle, your first driver is included in your rental cost, fees apply for each addition driver
- You must have a manual license to drive our motorhomes
- All drivers must be present to collect the Motorhome
Can I drive with points on my license?
- We can accept up to 2 sets of speeding fines per driver (i.e. SP30) although there is an additional charge for points on licence that were acquired within the last three years
- For more than 2 sets of points or for any points that are not coded SP's please contact the office
- We may not be able to arrange cover for convictions with the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR and TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years so please contact the office
- Please refer to our terms and conditions for full details on driver/licence requirements
Is there a minimum hire period?
- A minimum hire period of 5 days applies throughout the year
- Minimum hire period is increased to 7 days in June, July, August, Easter and Christmas
- Great Escapes Motorhomes Ltd reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events such as Christmas, festivals, and other special events. For more details please contact the office
How old are the motorhomes?
All motorhomes are no more than 2 years old and are regularly serviced and well maintained.
- Bookings can be made over the phone, email, or via our online booking system
- All we need to confirm a booking is a deposit of £150.00 per week of hire
- The remaining balance will be due 6 weeks before collection of your motorhome
- If confirming a booking less than 6 weeks prior to collection the full amount is required
What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
- More than 6 weeks before collection the booking deposit is non refundable
- 6 weeks – 2 weeks before collection 50% of total hire charge is non refundable
- 2 weeks – No Show 100% of total hire charge is non refundable
- Unfortunately Great Escapes cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another
What time can I collect and return my motorhome?
- Collection times are between 2pm and 4pm
- Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot — to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you
- Return times are between 9am and 11am
- A late fee is chargeable for all motorhomes returned after 11am
What do I need to collect my motorhome?
- All drivers MUST be present on collection of the motorhome
- Full valid license (both the plastic photo card and the paper counterpart for Northern Ireland licences)
- National Insurance number (for GB licence holders for DVLA check)
- International license if required (countries outside the EU)
- Two utility bills or bank statements per driver, each with name and address matching that on their driving license
MUST be less than three months old
What is the security deposit?
- A Security deposit of £1000.00 (£1,500.00 if taking a pet, going to a festival or large groups) is payable on collection of the motorhome on a credit or debit card
- The card holder must be present at the office
Is there any excess on the insurance?
- There is an excess of £1,000.00 on the insurance policy
Can I take the motorhome to Europe?
Yes, although additional cover of £10.00 per day is needed.
Can I take the motorhome to Ireland?
Yes, although additional cover of £5.00 per day is needed.
Can I take my motorhome on a ferry?
Your motorhome can be taken on a ferry, the company will usually ask for the registration number and length of the vehicle.
Yes, pets are allowed in all motorhomes at no extras cost although we ask they are not to be left in the vehicle unattended or on the soft furnishings.
The Security deposit will be £1,500.00 and we ask you to sign a copy of our pets policy.
Sorry we do not currently offer a delivery service, all motorhomes will need to be collected and returned to our depot.
How do I get to Great Escapes?
- Great Escapes is just off junction 15 of the M6
- We will gladly collect you from our local train station Stoke-on-Trent
- You can also leave one car at the depot while you are away on hire
Can I leave my car at Great Escapes?
- Yes, you can leave one car at our depot free of charge
- Additional cars will be £5.00 per car, per day of hire
What does my motorhome come with?
- Full tank of diesel
- Full tank of LPG gas
- Refillable LPG gas system
- Full tank of fresh water
- Leisure battery
- Reversing camera
- Shower and toilet
- Gas hob
- Grill or Oven (model dependant)
- Pots, pans and cooking utensils
- Crockery, cutlery and wine glasses
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke Alarm
- Gas powered heating and hot water system
- TV/DVD/Digital Status aerial
- CD or USB stereo system
- Electric heater (winter only)
- European travel pack (first aid kit, bulb and fuse packs, beam benders, breathalyzers)
- Warning triangle
- Fresh water filling hose
- Electric hook up cable and EU adaptor
- Aqua chem toilet chemicals for the duration of your hire
- Dustpan and brush
What works on gas (LPG refillable gas bottle)?
- The heating and hot water
- Gas hob
- Gas oven (dependant on model)
- Unfortunately Great Escapes do isolate the fridge from gas for safety reasons but when on hire and you require this function, you can contact the office and we can talk you through this.
What works from the Leisure battery?
- Lights are powered from the leisure battery
- Water pump
- TV/DVD/Digital Status aerial
What are the benefits of hooking up to the mains electric?
- A power source of 240 volts is needed to fully power the motorhome
- The plug socket can be used when hooked up
- The fridge can be used off the mains electric
- The leisure battery will also charge through the mains electric
- A generator can also be used in place of a 240v mains hook up
How many miles per gallon can I expect?
All motorhomes will do roughly 25-28 miles per gallon, around 350 miles to a tank.
Are there power points in the motorhome?
Dependant on models there is at least 1 x plug socket for a standard 3 point plug (this will only work when connected to the mains electric).
There is 1 x 12v socket in the dash which can be used for car phone chargers, sat nav's etc.
- Bedding and towels are NOT included in the motorhomes as standard although we do hire sets
- A single set can be hired for £20.00 per set which includes duvet, sheet, pillow and a towel
- A double set can be hired for £40.00 per set which includes duvet, sheet, 2 pillows and 2 towels
Will my motorhome fit a baby car seat?
All motorhomes can fit a baby car seat/booster seat/booster cushion
Are the motorhomes suitable for winter hire?
- All motorhomes have double glazing and wall and floor insulation
- All motorhomes are fitted with a gas heating/hot water system as well as an electric fan heater
How do I return my motorhome?
- All motorhomes must be returned to the Great Escapes' depot in Stoke-on-Trent between 9am and 11am (unless otherwise agreed)
- We ask the motorhome is returned with a full tank of diesel and LPG gas
- We ask the motorhome is returned with an empty toilet cassette and grey water tank, please make sure grey water and toilet cassettes are only disposed at approved disposal points
- Vehicles are expected to be returned in a clean and tidy condition
- All floors clean
- Food rubbish removed
- Bathroom clean and tidy
- Surfaces wiped
- Vehicles must be cleaned unpacked and ready to be handed over to a member of the Great Escapes team by 11am